About the project:
The project addresses the issues of inter-generational cooperation and solidarity. The modern society emphasizes individuality and solidarity, especially regarding older generation is becoming less important. Due to the fact that the society is changing very fast and that most people have difficulties to keep up with the changes as it is, there is very little time left to stop and think how those changes affect other generations. Each generation is dealing with its problems and tries to meet the request of modern society. Within the project we are offering members of three generations: a son/daughter, father/mother and grandfather/grandmother an unique experince by involving them in various activities enabling them to spend and live “a day in his/hers father’s shoes”: a young person (teenager) will spend few days as a grown-up and as senior, a grown-up will spend few days as teenager and as senior and a senior will spend few days as a grown-up and as a teenager. By experiencing the lives of each other and by additional activities we will enable the individuals to better understand the needs and demands of other generations and increase the solidarity between them.
Overarching goal of the THESS project is to establish a practical European Standard qualifications for sector hotel and tourism that is cost and time efficient and available for wide range of potential users.
General project objectives:
1. To support personal development through the universal take up of formal, nationally accredited qualifications, cross-referenced with the EQF, by lowering barriers to entry.
2. To provide a focus that facilitates migration of SMEs, schools and government organizations from proprietary desktop technologies to open web based technologies enabling a more competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy.
3. To enable the set up of new service led businesses that support open systems throughout Europe with a focus on transparency of competencies under-pinning grades that are easy to read and compare and support credit accumulation and transfer.
Concrete project goals:
1. to prepare Market Research Report including any partner national frameworks or certification related to the sector hotel and tourism
2. to provide comprehensive support in English, Slovene, Dutch, Bulgarian, Polish and Turkish through web site development and handbooks.
3. to assure on-line management systems for recording assessment, issuing and authenticating certificates in the partner languages
4. to establish 6 national THESS moderation centers in partner countries
5. to prepare a training manual supporting assessors available in partner languages 6. to train 20 teachers as assessor trainers
7. to prepare new qualifications handbook available in 6 languages.
8. to issue 200 certificates by the end of year 2
9. to carry out dissemination via national and international conferences.